The Steinbeis research lab Design and Systems is associated with the faculty of design at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg Schweinfurt and does interdisciplinary research and development in the field of digital media.
Our designers work side by side with our programmers to tackle transdisciplinary problems at the intersection between information design and computer science.
We are doing research on new information technology and develop experiments and concepts to facilitate processes in industry and society.
Together with around 600 businesses we are part of the Steinbeis group. Since we’re also part of the interdisciplinary university group, we have the ideal conditions to ensure the maximum possible creative and scientific quality.
- Applied, interdisciplinary research and development in the field of digital information and communication media
- Development and design of new types of information and communication tools (knowledge tools)
- Planning, conception and realization of sustainable exhibition-concepts and holistic installations
- Prototype development
- Strategic consulting
- Placement of complex know-how with digital media
- Research of new knowledge technologies and future-concepts for digital communication
- Problem analysis for networked industry, society and cultures
- Implementation of digital, experimental concepts aimed at optimizing the activities of industry and science
- Expansion of the application areas of digital tools and adaptation to specific application scenarios
- Development of new application areas with digital communication
- Prototyping and realisation of projects in the area of: Information-Design, Augmented- and Virtual Reality, Interface-Design, Realtime-Visualisation, Data-Visualisation, Mobile Computing, Computational-Design, Realtime 3D Applications and Renderings Physical Computing and new technologies, development of Interfaces